HELPFUL INFORMATION ON MĀORI-ENGLISH BILINGUAL SIGNAGE:
- Contact your local Iwi or Māori Organisation to consult with them on the translation suitable for your area.
- Please visit the Māori Language Commission for this helpful translation list. If you would like expert advice about the Māori Language, please contact them HERE or use one of their licenced translators.
- Māori-English Bilingual Signage: A guide for best practice is a resource produced by Te Puni Kōkiri and Te Taura Whiri i te Reo Māori. This resource is designed to increase and improve bilingual signage throughout Aotearoa New Zealand. In addition to this the Ministry for Māori Development page on bilingual signage is also packed full of good tips. These tips show how organisations can engage with Māori communities and support te reo Māori to be more visible through signage.
- The online Māori Dictionary
- Our translation list is available HERE